|Beating Bureaucracy in Special Educational Needs Ref: BTBUR|
| Containing practical strategies for reducing the number of individual education plans and review meetings, Beating Bureaucracy in Special Educational Needs will help you to use existing systems for target setting, recording and planning personalised systems that are used for all children as part of everyday teaching practices. The book showcases the work of four schools that have successfully developed ways of planning provision, working with parents, and supporting staff development. Ready-to-use proforma in the book are also available online, and include:|
* a model policy to give to Ofsted to explain why the school does not use IEPs
* an information sheet for parents
* curriculum planning formats
* strategy sheets that can be highlighted and given to class and subject teachers
* proformas for commonly used interventions that describe the intervention, its target group, its entry and exit criteria, and monitoring and evaluation arrangements.
This invaluable resource will help you (in the words of one SENCO) get your life back. Adopting the new and more effective ways of working presented here will reduce the bureaucratic burden on your school whilst at the same time improving the impact of your SEN provision on childrens learning and well-being.